This Policy applies as between the User of this Web Site (www.alphabusiness.lk) or our learning platform Web Site (www.alphabusiness.edu.lk) and ALPHA BUSINESS SCHOOL the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein. Alpha Business School will only process personal data as set out in this policy or otherwise notified to or agreed by the student or staff member and will be obliged to fulfil individuals’ reasonable expectations of privacy.
All students have the right to confidentiality is the belief of Alpha Business School. All individuals at Alpha Business School who handles the said data takes reasonable steps to make sure it is stored securely and only shared when needed only. Information regarding individuals cannot be disclosed, even to family members, without the student’s consent barring exceptional circumstances.
All staff and others processing personal data/information at Alpha Business School’s must comply with this policy and failure to do so may result in disciplinary action. Personal data refers to data either held on computer or in manual files.
This data protection and confidentiality policy specifically covers the student services listed below:
- – Application
- – Registration with the specific body
- – Verbal & Written Correspondence
- – Financial Support & Disabled/disadvantaged student support
- – Assessments submitted
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- – Name
- – Date of birth
- – Job title & profession
- – Nationality
- – National ID / Passport Number &/or student ID
- – Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- – Demographic information such as address, post code, preferences and interests
- – Intake, course, subject and stage details
- – Exam results and feedback
- – Information relevant to customer surveys
- – Referrals, deferrals, appeals and outcomes
- – Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers when making payment via our website*
- – IP address (automatically collected)
- – Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- – Geographical location, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use
- – a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
- cookie Information
* We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Data security is of great importance to ALPHA BUSINESS SCHOOL and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
When processing data we ensure individuals have given their consent to the processing and only adequate, relevant and limited data for the specified purposes will be collected and kept up-to-date where possible and necessary. Data shall be only processed in a way where the security and confidentiality of the data can be safeguarded and we make sure data is not be shared with any third party unless mentioned in the policy or in a situation where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so. Data gathered maybe shared with the related examination / governing body for exam and marketing related purposes.
The data gathered and processed may be used for the following purposes ;
- – Communication of products, services and offers of Alpha Business School and its group institutions
- – Improving products and services
- – Internal record keeping
- – Communication of exam advice and useful information
- – Market research
- – Targeted social media campaigns
The individuals should be able to know the sources their personal data was obtained from, in cases where data was collected via third parties. Individuals shall also be able to request inaccurate data to be rectified and take responsibility to update any data if and when required. An individual can prevent their personal data be used for direct marketing purposes.
- – Permission shall always be requested by the site to place cookies in the user’s hard drive upon a user landing on the website or learning platform.
- – Once placed, the cookies shall help Alpha Business School identify which pages are being visited by the user and gather and store information on user’s preferences
- – Alpha Business School shall analyse this data to improve and customize the user’s experience in the websites
- – Users may accept or decline cookies and modify their browser setting to decline cookies if it is set to automatically accept cookies
- – Cookies will not grant any other information about the user than what is granted or access to the user’s computer
The Alpha Business School website, learning portal and communications might include links to other websites. These websites are not governed by this data protection policy and Alpha Business School cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which users provide whilst visiting such sites. Thus we urge user’s to exercise caution and read the privacy policies of such sites before providing any information.
Information provided on the Alpha Business School website and portals may include details provided by professional bodies, clients and/or students. Any information from 3rd parties which is shown on the Alpha Business School website and / or portals is based on the information received from these 3rd parties. Alpha Business School has no control over and assumes no responsibility whatsoever with regard to the accuracy of any of this information.
The entire contents of the site are subject to copyright with all rights reserved. The use of information on the site is at the user’s own risk. You may download and print individual sections of the site for personal use and information only provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. The videos are not downloadable but can be viewed online. You may not share your login details, reproduce (in whole or in part), transmit (by electronic means or otherwise), modify, link into or use for any public or commercial purpose the site without the prior written permission of Alpha Business School. Violating the above terms may lead to termination of your account and possible action may be taken.